Thanks for visiting our blogspot. This is our attempt to keep everyone who is interested up-to-date on what is new in our world.
Check out our pictures, videos, and journal entries of everything we encounter.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

After that great sunrise this morning, we sat and had some coffee and did a few sudoku's before Kater was off to her second day of classes. I was able to get my Visa paperwork squared away, so I should be good to go for the next few months.
I met up with my friend Harley, also a VIP, and we took a drive over to Shipwreck beach. We sat around and had a drink, and chatted a few hours away. He drove us back to campus around 2:30pm to drop me off and pick up his son from daycare.
(Harley, his son Damon- 2yrs, and me on the catamaran trip the other day)

I went back to our place, changed, and went for a jog. Today was the first day in which we had rain, so it was relatively cool when I started running. About 15 minutes into the run the clouds began to clear and it got hot again. I zig zagged through campus and went up the huge set of stairs that runs through the middle. I was toast! You don't realize how out of shape you are until you attempt something like that. Wow... but I'm happy I did it. I'll try to go for a run a few times a week. The gym on campus should be opening in a few weeks and that will be a great way to stay active too.
Kater finished classes around 3ish. She, two other, and I, went for a walk off campus and up into the fields across the road. We saw some piglets running around and a bunch of monkeys bouncing around in the trees following them looking pretty entertained. When we got to where they were, they were gone- too bad. Not to long after we saw an American Kestrel, I got a rather lame picture of it:
I realize it looks like any old bird, but I (and Kater- the certified bird nerd in the group) agreed. I've found some crazy thorn bushes during our walks, but today I found a whopper. It would be a serious problem if one were to fall into one of these. The thorns are easily a few inches long as you can see from the picture:
We followed the trail back across the road and down towards the water. We all jumped around on the rocks and watched some boats go by. A brown booby flew by a few times, and some common terns. We saw a long large fish jump out of the water several time after a few small ones. It has been a good day for wildlife.
While sitting and enjoying the view, Kater and I decided to invite our friends over for dinner. I made rice and steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. It was a modest but tasty meal and they seemed to enjoy it. Looks like they are having anatomy books for dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment