Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our blogspot. This is our attempt to keep everyone who is interested up-to-date on what is new in our world.
Check out our pictures, videos, and journal entries of everything we encounter.

Saturday, January 30, 2010




Hey folks, good morning!

Again, it's been a few days- my apologies! It's been a busy week for us. Since our last blog update (Tuesday) a few things have happened.
Wednesday I went to a BBQ for the VIP group, another get-to-know-you type gathering. It was a decent time. We swam at a pool in living development called the St. Christopher Club, and had hot dogs, burgers, etc.
Thursday I stayed in and helped Kater make some more flashcards to study with. Her first test is Monday and although I'm sure she must be stressed, she's playing it cool as usual! I continued working on the Sam & Jam book and got another four pages drawn out. I haven't colored them yet or taken pictures, but I will soon.
Friday Chris drove me into town and I got my temporary drivers license:
(pretty fancy eh?!? It's not even laminated!)
There's not much to say about the process. You go in, tell them you want a license, they ask how long for (1 year max at a time), and you pay them. Five minutes later they come back with a little yellow piece of paper, you sign it, and you're on your way.
I spent some time at Chris's house, we had burgers on the grill and played with his dog Mia. Around noon we went to pick up a friend and do some grocery shopping. Our friend Bianca had just adopted a new dog! He's a 7 month old mix, and was just great. We played with him for a little bit too- great dog, I hope she takes good care of him.
Afternoon came and the students had finished another week of school. Friday afternoon after classes means 'Burgers and Fries Fridays' at Shipwreck. So off we went and did our usual routine. Shipwreck also happens to make really delicious fish tacos as well as their burgers. Kater and a few others went snorkeling and I stayed on dry land to play with Harley and Damon. Damon is 2 years old like I mentioned earlier, and he's learning so fast. He was drawing shapes in the sand and talking about colors too. It was pretty neat. Harley was telling me how yesterday he was carrying D inside and he looked up at the moon and said, "can I have that?" Just like my cousin Nathaniel said a few weeks ago, how about that!!

(Harley, Damon, Kater, at Shipwreck)
(sunset at Shipwreck)
On the way home we made a quick stop at the grocery store for the others, and got back home around 7:30-8 pm.
A few of us got together and played cards for a little while before we all went our separate ways for the night. Kater and I watched a movie and went to sleep.
This morning (Saturday) I made a big breakfast for us: Fried eggs with cheddar cheese, cinnamon-raisin bread, and coffee. It was delicious, I hope it's good brain food for the long weekend Kater will put into the books, studying.
As for me, I'm off for a run I suppose. And I guess that's it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment